 |
| Hluboka Castle |
Most people probably don’t visit a castle for their
birthday…especially if one is in the US, considering there aren’t that many
castles in the US. But, that’s exactly what I did! This past Saturday, Jan and
I headed to the southern part of the Czech via train to visit a more modern-day
castle called Hluboka (you can check it out here). It’s a pretty large place, and is situated in
the midst of a beautiful park. Being winter, we were only shown highlights of
the castle, but the intricate wooden scrollwork on the walls, ceiling and
furniture more than made up for our limited viewing.
 |
| I loved the woodwork! |
 |
| Jan & I in front of the castle |
 |
| Hluboka Castle |
Traveling by train has its benefits too. You are surrounded
by beautiful countryside as you wind through field and forest. It’s a relaxing
way to travel – especially when you get the whole compartment to yourselves! What
a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend my birthday!
 |
| Fashion show |
On another note…you never know what will happen in one of
our English classes. J
This week we taught the kids the names of different types of clothing…and then
had a fashion show! They absolutely loved it! They even dressed Jan and I. J Not sure how much English
they learned from the lesson, but they did have a lot of fun; and so did we!
No comments:
Post a Comment