Saturday, November 18, 2017

A Work in Progress

Once again, Thanksgiving is upon us. It’s hard to believe that it’s that time of year again, but the calendar doesn’t lie.  Two years ago, I shared a photo a day throughout the month of November, to show you the things I’m thankful for. Last year, I was in the US and didn’t continue the tradition. This year, again, I haven’t continued the tradition (instead, I’ve been working on creating an Advent Calendar). But, even though I’m not posting photos each day, know that I am thankful…for many things and for many people – you included!

Speaking of Advent Calendars, I’ve decided to create one this year. This isn’t something that my family ever did, but having one is something most Czech families have (along with the Advent wreath). But, instead of getting candy each day of December until Christmas, I wanted to do something with a bit more meaning. So, I found a list of Scriptures that give various names of Jesus. Each day, I’ll turn the tag over to reveal another name of Jesus and the corresponding Scripture. Hopefully this will prepare my heart more fully for the true meaning of Christmas.


I’m realizing that another work in progress is me. The past few months, I’ve had the opportunity to be a part of an intentional, in depth Bible study with two friends. Through our studies, and our conversations, I’ve been realizing so much more about myself and about who I want to be; how I long for more of God’s presence and work in my life. Sometimes the things that He reveals are hard to realize, but I’m learning that it’s always worth it. Like my process of creating an Advent Calendar, it can get messy and look haphazard, but in the end, something beautiful will come of it. I pray that I will not become discouraged during the process, but continue to hold hope for the beauty at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment