Dear Family and Friends,
In just a few days (actually for some, it's hours - what?!), I will be back on your side of the Ocean. This makes me pretty excited. I'm super excited to reconnect with all of you, to hear what's been happening in your lives these past few years. And, I'm hoping that at least some of our meetings can include some of my favorite things like good coffee, ice cream, and maybe even a steak or two (hey, one can dream, right?!).
While I am looking forward to seeing all of you, I also want you to know that I am leaving part of my heart in Prague. These past (almost) 3 years have really cemented my love for Prague and the Czech Republic in my heart. You may find that we are meeting and my mind wanders a bit to what's happening over the pond. Or maybe I'll talk a lot about what my life is like here. Maybe I'll even insert a Czech word or phrase without even realizing it (it's been known to happen...). Whatever it may be, I would just like to say thanks in advance for extending grace. Because I'm going to need it.
Yes, I'm still the same Stacy. And yet I'm not...
I've definitely grown in the past few years. Become more confident. Seen God work in my life and in lives around me. Tried new things. Experienced different parts of culture. Expanded my worldview. Increased my vocabulary.
I also know that you aren't the same person today that you were when I left in 2011. I'm looking forward to hearing about the ways you've grown too. Let's plan to get together and talk about these changes in our lives! :)
And, if you're interested, my general itinerary is:
June 20 - fly into Detroit (and spend the week in Northwest Ohio with family)
June 28 to August 3 - Lancaster, PA
August 4 to September 15 - Northwest Ohio
If you'd like more information or to know about my speaking engagements, let me know. Thanks.
See you soon!
Stacy
In just a few days (actually for some, it's hours - what?!), I will be back on your side of the Ocean. This makes me pretty excited. I'm super excited to reconnect with all of you, to hear what's been happening in your lives these past few years. And, I'm hoping that at least some of our meetings can include some of my favorite things like good coffee, ice cream, and maybe even a steak or two (hey, one can dream, right?!).
While I am looking forward to seeing all of you, I also want you to know that I am leaving part of my heart in Prague. These past (almost) 3 years have really cemented my love for Prague and the Czech Republic in my heart. You may find that we are meeting and my mind wanders a bit to what's happening over the pond. Or maybe I'll talk a lot about what my life is like here. Maybe I'll even insert a Czech word or phrase without even realizing it (it's been known to happen...). Whatever it may be, I would just like to say thanks in advance for extending grace. Because I'm going to need it.
Yes, I'm still the same Stacy. And yet I'm not...
I've definitely grown in the past few years. Become more confident. Seen God work in my life and in lives around me. Tried new things. Experienced different parts of culture. Expanded my worldview. Increased my vocabulary.
I also know that you aren't the same person today that you were when I left in 2011. I'm looking forward to hearing about the ways you've grown too. Let's plan to get together and talk about these changes in our lives! :)
And, if you're interested, my general itinerary is:
June 20 - fly into Detroit (and spend the week in Northwest Ohio with family)
June 28 to August 3 - Lancaster, PA
August 4 to September 15 - Northwest Ohio
If you'd like more information or to know about my speaking engagements, let me know. Thanks.
See you soon!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment