A number of months ago, I was challenged during a retreat to
be more intentional at recognizing God’s blessings in my life and to be thankful
for them. At the time, I felt strongly that I should start writing down five
things that I’m thankful for at the end of each day. They can be big things or
small things; answers to prayer; ways I saw God at work; the sky was/is the
limit. It’s been fun to consciously look at my days and see the things that God
has done.
As a way to publicly proclaim my gratitude and to give you a
glimpse of some of the things I’ve written, here is a list of things I wrote
down (in no particular order). Enjoy!
- Reflecting on “my” accomplishments in language and relationships, but realizing it’s not me at all, but God and His strength/power working through me. (Wed. 5/16/12)
- Time to do fun reading! (Sat. 6/16/12)
- A good Czech tutor, who is always so helpful and encouraging (Tues. 5/15/12)
- Strolling along a new city, having no idea what’s being said around you. (Mon. 6/25/12
- Today, I bought screwdrivers (no easy task either!) in Czech. Oh happy day! (Sat. 6/23/12)
- For my sister, Kim, as today is her birthday. (Sun. 7/8/12)
- I needed to buy train tickets to Poland today. On my way out the door, I asked God to allow it to go easier than I anticipated…and it did! And, all but one sentence was in Czech. Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers, even if they’re silly or simple! (Mon. 7/9/12)
- Walking around Prague at night (Fri. 6/29/12)
- For my Daddy – Happy Father’s Day! (Sun. 6/17/12)
- Coffee with our language class after today’s ceremony (Wed. 6/13/12)
- New perspective on life after failing my oral exam (Tues. 6/12/12)
- A letter from Grandpa and Grandma Nofziger, where they both wrote. It blessed my heart so much! (Mon. 6/4/12)
- For our Bible Study group – such encouraging and prayer-filled women! (Mon. 5/28/12)
- Being able to communicate (at least a little bit) in Czech. I never thought I’d find such joy in being able to buy stamps in Czech. J (Fri. 5/18/12)
- God’s word…our Bible Study group looked at Psalm 73 tonight. I love verse 26, “My health may fail, and my Spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” (Mon. 5/14/12)
What about you? I encourage you to take a moment to think of
your own life. What are the things that God has done (or is doing) that you are
thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment