While many schools in the US have started back to school already, it's still summer here. School doesn't start until the first week of September. Many families are taking advantage of that and getting in last minute vacations, time away from Prague at their cottage or simply finding ways to beat the summer heat.
Like most summers here, it was a busy time for me as well. I was able to manage to squeeze in some vacation time with dear friends of mine this summer though, which provided a welcome and much-needed break. (Fun fact about me: as a single person, I actually struggle to use all of my vacation time because I don't like to go on vacation alone).
So, between English Camps, I headed off to Scandinavia, where I met up with my friends, Becki and Bethany. We traveled throughout Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Each day was filled with the beauty of creation, life-giving conversation and good food. During a number of our Airbnb stays, we were able to meet our hosts and learn more about the culture and life in those parts. It was great! If you ever get the chance, you should definitely visit!
After having returned from vacation, I headed off to English Camp. It was a great week of conversations and getting to know the students, many of whom live in Prague and who I'll (hopefully!) be able to maintain contact with. We laughed hard, played hard and enjoyed our time together (all the while, trying to stay cool). One afternoon we had a shaving cream/flour/color war - by far my favorite afternoon activity! But a little messy to clean up... :) Sorry, no photos from that. I was really bad at taking photos that week. It was a blast though!
In a few weeks, Rybicky and "normal life" start back up. It's hard to believe that the time is almost here. I am looking forward to getting back into a little more of a routine though.
I'll leave you with a few photos from Scandinavia. Enjoy! :)
Like most summers here, it was a busy time for me as well. I was able to manage to squeeze in some vacation time with dear friends of mine this summer though, which provided a welcome and much-needed break. (Fun fact about me: as a single person, I actually struggle to use all of my vacation time because I don't like to go on vacation alone).
So, between English Camps, I headed off to Scandinavia, where I met up with my friends, Becki and Bethany. We traveled throughout Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Each day was filled with the beauty of creation, life-giving conversation and good food. During a number of our Airbnb stays, we were able to meet our hosts and learn more about the culture and life in those parts. It was great! If you ever get the chance, you should definitely visit!
After having returned from vacation, I headed off to English Camp. It was a great week of conversations and getting to know the students, many of whom live in Prague and who I'll (hopefully!) be able to maintain contact with. We laughed hard, played hard and enjoyed our time together (all the while, trying to stay cool). One afternoon we had a shaving cream/flour/color war - by far my favorite afternoon activity! But a little messy to clean up... :) Sorry, no photos from that. I was really bad at taking photos that week. It was a blast though!
In a few weeks, Rybicky and "normal life" start back up. It's hard to believe that the time is almost here. I am looking forward to getting back into a little more of a routine though.
I'll leave you with a few photos from Scandinavia. Enjoy! :)
| Oslo Harbor |
| Fjords of Norway |
| Copenhagen |
No comments:
Post a Comment