It's that time again...the end of one year and the beginning of a new one. 2015 was filled with many good and enjoyable, as well as challenging and emotional, things. But, as I look back over the year, I can honestly say that I was blessed. God met me in many ways. For that, I am grateful.
As you may remember from my 30 Days of Thankfulness entries, I have much to be thankful for in 2015. Things like family, friends and sabbath rest top the list. But there are so many other intangible things too. Like...how I've grown as a person or the knowledge I've gained. I can safely say I'm not the same person I was when I started 2015. Hopefully I've become a better version of myself.
I know I still have struggles. I am not always loving and compassionate. I get frustrated and angry. I succumb to stress. I get overwhelmed by situations and workloads. But, in the midst of that, I am able to see God's hand at work in me. And, while I don't always recognize the symptoms of these unhealthy behaviors, I do hope I've grown a little in both recognizing and preventing them.
As I look to 2016, my prayer is that I will become more loving. I want to love others as Jesus loves. I want to see others as Jesus sees them. I want my heart to break for people and situations like His does. I don't know what this new year will bring, but I look forward to how it unfolds. And, at the end of 2016, I hope to look back and see more growth in my life.
Blessings upon each of you in 2016!
As you may remember from my 30 Days of Thankfulness entries, I have much to be thankful for in 2015. Things like family, friends and sabbath rest top the list. But there are so many other intangible things too. Like...how I've grown as a person or the knowledge I've gained. I can safely say I'm not the same person I was when I started 2015. Hopefully I've become a better version of myself.
I know I still have struggles. I am not always loving and compassionate. I get frustrated and angry. I succumb to stress. I get overwhelmed by situations and workloads. But, in the midst of that, I am able to see God's hand at work in me. And, while I don't always recognize the symptoms of these unhealthy behaviors, I do hope I've grown a little in both recognizing and preventing them.
As I look to 2016, my prayer is that I will become more loving. I want to love others as Jesus loves. I want to see others as Jesus sees them. I want my heart to break for people and situations like His does. I don't know what this new year will bring, but I look forward to how it unfolds. And, at the end of 2016, I hope to look back and see more growth in my life.
Blessings upon each of you in 2016!
Amen, Stacy. May we each experience grace and growth so that our Lord is pleased to call us His children.
ReplyDelete