Thursday, September 6, 2012

One year

As of yesterday, I have been living in Prague for one year.

What?! How did that happen? I know, I have a hard time believing it myself...

The time has both flown by and gone slowly, depending on the day...or sometimes the hour.

As I reflect on this last year, I am amazed at how far I've come. I went from absolutely zero Czech to being able to understand and hold at least simple conversations (though I still have a REALLY long way to go). I have taught at an English camp and am gearing up to do some more English teaching. I have met and developed many relationships. I have lived in 3 different places (with my next, and hopefully last for a long time, move scheduled to take place at the beginning of October). I have expanded my repertoire of meals I can prepare (which is a pretty impressive thing if you remember that I don't enjoy cooking).

Beyond the surface level stuff, I feel like I have grown a lot spiritually this past year too. I have come to a deeper understanding of what grace is, especially for myself. I have come to appreciate the Bible even more than before. I've learned to lean more on God as my anchor, especially after Emily left in March, leaving me without a teammate.

I'm sure I could add a lot more things I've learned and ways I've grown over these past 12 months, but I won't.

Thanks to each one of you who have supported me throughout this year...for your emails, Facebook messages, Skype calls, letters, packages, prayers and many other things. I am so grateful to have the support of so many dear people.

Oh, and in case you're curious...I did celebrate my one year anniversary by eating ice cream at my favorite ice cream shop with my friend Jessica. :) Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment