Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recent happenings

As I mentioned in the previous post, I am currently participating in the World Missions Institute (WMI) training with EMM. Yesterday marked the start of the second week. It's going quickly already, which I was afraid of. I knew that once I started WMI, my summer would fly (in a good way!) and before I realized it, I would be on a plane headed for Prague.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am REALLY looking forward to taking that flight and starting life in Prague...but, it's the leaving family and friends part that I'm struggling with. How in the world am I supposed to say good-bye to all these dear people? It's a bit overwhelming when I stop to think about it.

But, that's not what I'm focusing on with this post, is it?! Back to WMI...(though I'm sure I'll come back to that leaving question at some point)...

What kinds of things have I been learning? I think the better question is where to start and how much to share.  Instead of a day-by-day walk through of our schedule, I'm going to focus on a few things that have struck me this first week (you can thank me later).

One of the first things that I realized is that I really enjoy being back in a training setting. It feels so different to me to be participating in a training like this, instead of helping to make sure it's running smoothly or that all the details are in place. I have really enjoyed sitting back and simply taking in all the learning. It's been a while since I've had the privilege of doing this and I am loving it!

To go along with that, I have really been enjoying the relationships with other participants. It's such a blessing to be with people who have the same heart and passion for the world, even if we're going to completely different places. We're a fairly diverse group (in many factors) and that is such a blessing! I love how much richer our conversations are as a result!

The teachings are another whole realm that I have really enjoyed. We've already talked about topics ranging from Sharing Jesus to the Old and New Testament Foundations in Mission to the Holy Spirit in Missions to Cultural Dynamics. I honestly don't even know where to start. Wow. Maybe I'll leave that for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment