Tuesday, March 22, 2011

God doesn't want more missionaries...

Say what?!

I was at the Harrisburg Discipleship Center (HDC) for a ministry night when I heard those words last week. My heart sunk. Isn't that what I am? Aren't I preparing to serve as a missionary to the Czech Republic? What does that mean? Am I wrong? Does God really not want me to go?

Then I realized something...that wasn't the end of the statement.

"God doesn't want more missionaries, He wants more lovers of Him." His desire is that we love Him so much and seek to know and follow Him that we can't help but ooze out His love for the world. I'm not going to a place where God isn't. I'm not going to a place where I have to do the work in my own strength and expect great results. I'm not going to convert or change anyone.

God is.

My love of Jesus will make a difference. It will draw people to Him. Jesus is the one to bring the change...the results...the transformation. Yes, I'll be His vessel, but it'll be in His strength and not my own. NOT Stacy. Praise God.

Lord, fill me with your love for the Czech; the land, the people. May it ooze out of me so that others may come to know you.


No comments:

Post a Comment