Monday, January 10, 2011

Charles University, here I come!

It's official...I'll begin studying Czech at the Charles University come September (12th to be exact)! It's a one-year intensive Czech language program, at the Charles University in Prague. I received word this past Thursday, January 6 that I was in...a little over 24 hours after I sent the application in!

But, what a process it was to apply...Not only did I need to fill out the application, I needed to send them a copy of my college diploma and transcripts, a copy of my passport and a 'motivation letter'. The motivation letter was supposed to include things like, why I want to study Czech; if I've studied Czech before; what I wanted to do after I finished the program; etc. In it, I mentioned that I have downloaded a program from the Internet and have done a few lessons (though I'm not sure if I've got the pronunciation down correctly or not!). Well, when I received word back from the University, the only thing that was mentioned was "that is great you already study the language." I didn't even get a "congratulations!" :)

I am looking forward to it though. I'm ready for a new challenge in life and this will definitely provide that! According to the website, classes will be 9-1 Monday through Friday, so I think my brain will be pretty full at the end of the day. But, I'm excited to learn a new language and to be able to put it into practice right away. Of course, you may need to remind me of that in 8 months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment