So you may have noticed that my blog has been looking the same for quite some time. Maybe you thought that it's just your computer. Or maybe you thought that I forgot my blog password. Or maybe there would be another reason, because surely, it wouldn't be simply because I was busy, right? Hmm.
Nope, the sad and honest truth is that I can't believe how quickly the first months of 2013 have flown by. I mean, is it really March 13 already?!
In case you're wondering, I did think about blogging. I've had multiple ideas of what to blog about. I would even start writing them in my head. But, somehow, they never wrote themselves. :) And then I would get too busy and the blog would stay the same.
Today, that will change.
Today, I want to give you a brief update on my life this year. So, here we go.
Nope, the sad and honest truth is that I can't believe how quickly the first months of 2013 have flown by. I mean, is it really March 13 already?!
In case you're wondering, I did think about blogging. I've had multiple ideas of what to blog about. I would even start writing them in my head. But, somehow, they never wrote themselves. :) And then I would get too busy and the blog would stay the same.
Today, that will change.
Today, I want to give you a brief update on my life this year. So, here we go.
- Visitors! From February 2 through March 6, I had the joy of hosting my dear friend, Becki, who was in Prague taking a CELTA class (how to teach English to Foreigners). What a joy to have her here with me again! The only down-side was that she loves snow...and was praying for it almost every day...and God heard (and answered) her prayers. :) I also had two other friends visit for a week at a time. Luca came the last week that Becki was here and Kendra came the week after she left (actually arriving a few hours after Becki departed). It was so much fun to show them Prague...to see other parts of the country...to take them to church and other things I'm involved in...and to simply be together. What a blessing!
- Family Center: I continue to help out at the Family Center at my church 2-4 times each week (depending on the week). Two of the days, I do some English teaching. I always enjoy my time there, though sometimes I struggle to know if I should try talking to people in Czech or English or both. :) Interestingly enough, I was on our local community news the other week (sorry, the link has already expired). They were interviewing foreigners who attend the center, asking them what they like about Prague and our neighborhood, etc. Even though I'm not a parent, they interviewed me...in Czech...and I responded...in Czech. Yikes. :)
- Church: One of the cool traditions that my church does each week is have the people having birthdays the previous week stand up and share how we, as a church, can pray for them. Well, as you may remember, my birthday was last week. That meant that I had to stand up and share in church this past Sunday. Boy, am I glad that's over! :) I don't mind speaking in front of large groups of people, but speaking Czech in front of them...well, that's another thing entirely! Ha.
- English Conversations: One of the highlights of my week are the 2-3 English conversation "lessons" I have with different people. It's a great way for me to connect with people and a great way for building relationships. I always enjoy our conversations and the various things we end up talking about.
- Birthday trip to Karlovy Vary: As a way to celebrate my birthday, Becki and I spent a few days in Karlovy Vary, a spa town in Western CZ. What a relaxing weekend! We had massages, took advantage of the hotel's spa/sauna, walked around both the town and a nearby castle, ate some yummy food, drank the hot spring mineral water (good for you - not so good in taste! Ha.), and simply enjoyed our time together. Thanks, Becki!
I think that's all for now. Don't want to give you too much information that you don't want to come back again. Ha. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment