Dearest Lancaster,
I can't believe it's finally here; the day that I am no longer a resident of 518 N Plum Street. It brings such bittersweet emotions. There are so many things that I will miss about you...walking your streets, in every season...First Friday...coffee shops that are open late...Central Market...the small town feel, with an urban/international flair...yummy restaurants...the sense of community during a snow storm...greeting people on the street, whether you know them or not...the Fulton Theater...the pianos, oh the pianos!...
And that doesn't even begin to mention the people. Lancaster is more than buildings, it really is the people that make it such a great place to live.
How does one even begin to say good-bye to the dear, dear friends they're leaving? I'm not sure. But, I do know that last night's going away party was a blessing. Thanks to all of you who came out for it. And, for those who it didn't work, it's just a "see you later" kind of thing...because I really do hope to "see you all later".
I have been blessed with some amazing friends. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you, Lord for each one of them. Pour out your blessing upon each of them.
So, with few words that can truly express all that's within me, I say, "Thank you, Lancaster! You've been a great place to live."
And, thank you, dear friends, for allowing me into your lives; for loving and accepting me; and now for believing in me and sending me out to follow God on this crazy walk of faith He's called me to. Know that you will be missed and that I will be praying for you as well. With much love, and many other emotions, I bid you "so long."
Oh, and if you ever want to see Prague... :)
Hey Friend!
ReplyDeleteI understand the feelings, and I know it's hard to say good-bye, but I think that means that you've given your heart and that is worth all the heartache. You will be missed dear friend! (even though technically I'm not a Lancaster friend) :)
Love you!