Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Isn't there a phrase like, "all things must come to an end in order for new things to begin?" If not, there should be. I mean, it is true and all. And, that's where I'm finding myself these days...at another point on the transition map.

This week, I begin to train my replacement at EMM. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited by who we hired to take the reins as DM Department Manager. Jacki will do a great job! She will be able to take the role to a different level than I was able to. She'll bring fresh vision and passion to the role...something that I fear has started to wane within me as I look ahead toward the Czech. I can't wait to see how God uses her here!

With Jacki's coming, that means that I won't feel like I'm pulled in so many directions. I'll be able to focus more fully on preparations for the Czech...packing up my house, going through trainings, working on my upcoming presentations, fundraising, and beginning the good-bye process. Not only that, but her coming means I'm one step closer to leaving for the Czech. That too is worth looking forward to.

But, as exciting as all that is...it's also a bit sad. I'm leaving my job at EMM. The place I've worked for 5.5 years will no longer be the place I report to on a daily basis. My department will no longer be my department. I will no longer be part of discussions about the future of DM or on what the next Commissioning looks like. I will be passing on the mantle.

What does that even look like? How does one do that? How does one transition all that they've learned over that length of time to someone else? Where do I begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment